The TENS unit is put on your skin to deliver a low-voltage electrical charge, and electrical pulses stimulate will enter the body through the pad, just like there are countless electro-acupuncture, to help relieve chronic and acute pain.
One of the biggest advantages is the fact that it’s a drug-free way to relieve pain. Therefore, TENS therapy is ideal for those who cannot take prescription pain medication or choose not to take it due to side effects.
What kind of pain can TENS relieve?
- Back/Shoulder Pain: It can relieve shoulder and neck strain, back pain, especially for people who keep in one position for a long time, like officer staffs, drivers, housewives, etc.
- Spinal cord injury pain. At least three studies on TENS and spinal cord injury pain have shown improvement in this difficult-to-treat pain.
- Menstrual pain and labor pain. TENS can relieve menstrual cycle-related dysmenorrhea and back pain. It was at least as effective as other non-drug pain relief options during labor.
- Postpartum Repair: Use it for 15 minutes a day to promote postpartum rectus abdominal contractions
How to care for your TENS unit pads
- Clean the area with a cloth and water to remove body oils and allow the area to dry before using the pad.
- Put the pads in the pack so they don't dry out.
- Make sure to cool in the refrigerator after each use and apply a small amount of water to the pads before each use.
To extend the life of your TENS pads make sure you are applying them properly. We estimate 20-30 uses per pad.
Comfytemp wireless TENS unit offers 6 automated programs, 9 manual modes, and 16 intensities to meet different needs. Say goodbye to cluttered wires, you can do other things at the same time when having pain relief therapy and without worrying about the wires getting tangled or tripping over.